How does SubTranslate work?
Translating is done in 6 easy steps:
- Select the translation method: Standard, free translation, or Premium translation via Google Translate.
- Select the FROM language - this is the original source language of the subtitles.
- Select the TO language - this is the destination language: that you want your subtitle to be translated to.
- Upload your subtitle file. This must be in SUB or SRT format.
- Fill out the captcha. We use reCAPTCHA to prevent spammers.
- It may take a few minutes before a whole translation file is complete, so pour yourself a cup of coffee and let SubTranslate do its work.
When SubTranslate is done translating, you can download your file immediately!
Google Translate API has become a paid service for websites since December 2011. In order to cover for these costs, we ask a small, one-time fee of 2.50 EUR for each translation through PayPal.
How much does SubTranslate cost?
Nothing, this service is absolutely free when you choose Standard translation method. To maintain the bandwidth we receive from free translation services like Translated.net and BING Translator, there is a translation limit of 100 lines per upload. We do allow advertising on this site to help maintain our service.
How does payment work?
If you select the Google Translate method, after clicking the Translate! button, you will first be redirected to PayPal for payment. You can pay by credit card or using a PayPal account. After that, the translation will be done automatically and you can download the file.
Who needs this website?
This website is everyone who prefers to read subtitles in their own preferred language.
Why did you create this website?
We were tired of finding the right subtitles for our show or movie, but happened to be in another language. This is why we created this service.
My question is not here. Where can I reach you?Tweet